Springtime is an important time of the year for ensuring the health of your trees. With the arrival of warmer weather and more sunlight, your trees are beginning to emerge from winter dormancy and will soon be in full bloom. To ensure that your trees are in their best condition for the upcoming growing season, it’s important to take the time for a springtime tree health check. Altura Tree Service, located in Cape Cod, is here to help you with all your tree needs, from emergency tree services to tree removal and pruning. Check out our guide on keeping your trees healthy this spring!
Springtime Tree Health Checklist
Inspect Your Trees
Before the warmer weather arrives, it's important to inspect your trees for any signs of damage or disease. Follow this checklist for a comprehensive tree inspection and to prepare for the change in season :
1. Inspect trees for any signs of damage from winter weather, such as broken or missing branches, cracked or split bark, and exposed roots.
2. Look for signs of disease, such as leaf discoloration, wilting, and premature leaf drop.
3. Look for signs of insect damage, such as holes in the bark or small piles of sawdust at the base of the tree.
4. Check for any visible signs of decay, such as mushrooms or soft spots on the trunk.
5. Prune any dead, diseased, or damaged branches.
6. Check the soil around the tree for adequate drainage.
7. Fertilize trees with a slow-release fertilizer to promote healthy growth.
8. Water trees deeply to ensure that the roots are getting enough moisture.
9. Remove any weeds or debris from around the tree’s base.
10. Check for signs of girdling and other root problems.
Prevention is Key
If you notice any signs of disease or damage, it’s important to contact a professional tree service like Altura Tree Service to get the problem taken care of before it becomes a larger issue. With the right care, your trees will be ready for any season! Reach out to our team today for professional tree services you can trust!